Tuesday, June 22, 2010

TECHNIQUE TUESDAY TUTORIAL

Today I have decided to share with you one of my favorite techniques, it's called faux mosaic.  For it, all you need is 2 sheets of CS, 1 sheet of DP, your trimmer, scorer, Mod Podge Glossy, ink and a dauber.  Sounds pretty simple, right?
First, I just cut and scor my CS for the base and then 2nd layer of the card.

 Next, I take my DP and tear it into many different sized pieces.  I usually keep them fairly small for a card, but if you are doing some kind of altered project, you would of course tear them according to the size of your project.


So, once you have torn all your pieces of DP, you go through an daub the edges with your ink.

Next, cover the second layer of card stock completely with Mod Podge.
Now it's time to start adding your daubed pieces of torn DP.  You'll want to overlap them and cover the CS.  You can always go over the edges of the CS because you can go back and trim off the excess after it dries.  You may have to reapply the Mod Podge during the course of covering your CS because it dries quickly.  When you have finished adding all your torn pieces of DP, go over the whole thing with a thin layer of Mod Podge to make sure all of the edges are stuck down.  This step is why it's important to use the Gloss variety of Mod Podge because it makes the finished product look nice and shiny and not flat.
After it dries, then trim the edges and mount on your card base.
Now you're ready to add your image and embellish as desired.  For my image, I chose this SHELLY'S IMAGES image called Honey Bee that you can find at SHELLY'S IMAGES STORE.
I hope you found this tutorial fun and helpful.  I LOVE this technique and think the results are SOOO COOL!  Make sure and come back tomorrow because I'm going to give you a little tease about what are TOTALLY TERRIFIC THURSDAY Challenge may be.  Until then, you have until 11:59pm on Weds. to get your project submitted for the current challenge which is a Male or Father's Day creation.

6 comments:

  1. Oh Audrey! I love that technique. I haven't ever tried that!!!! That is a great way to get patterned papers to match your projects.

    Thanks for the inspiration.

    I need more hours in the day to try everything that you girls are teaching me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! The possibilities are endless with this technique! Can't wait to give it a try. Thanks Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Audrey.... I love this technique... I used it so many times when there wasn't any scrapbooking papers over here in my country. And now there are plenty and I totally forgot about this technique. Thanks for bringin it under my attention. LOL
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cool technique! Very pretty, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how cool is that Audrey! Love the tutorial and your finished card is fab too! DEF. gotta try this out soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Audrey fabulous technique.. great tutorial.. going to have to try this.. thanks

    ReplyDelete