Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Here's a little Tuesday Tutorial for ya!

Okay, so I'm cheatin' a little today - Yep, today is officially "Cheater Tutorial Tuesday"!  I've been surfin' for fabulously fun and unique projects - aka treat bags for my niece and nephew (and maybe some for a few grown-ups too) and found this super cute little 'Origami' treat box.
While it won't be ME SHOWING you how to make it - trust me, you don't want me to do a video tutorial - I talk fast most of the time, too much with my hands and did I mention I have the ability to cover 50 topics in 2.2 seconds. . . . I get that ability from my momma! But, I digress (as usual) - I thought I'd share this fantastic tutorial I found on HOW to make them.

So, here is the link to the COSMO CRICKET "How to Fold a Treat Bag Video Tutorial".

Shelly had a terrific treat bag tutorial back for Halloween - that she was nice enough to SHOW you how to make with details photos and measurements - that can be found HERE

I've made a few of the ones Shelly showed us how to make, and they've turned out delightful but of course because I THINK I need VARIETY in my life, I wanted to give these little boxes a try too. 
Plus, some of the Halloween treats I gathered for my niece and nephew might fit a little better in a treat box vs a treat bag.
Okay, who am I kidding - I really just wanted to try some paper Origami and actually succeed in MAKING something out of 1 piece of paper (instead of swearing a lot as I'm folding and having my end product be shredded and in the circular file.....).
The great thing about these little treat boxes - switch the paper and decorations a bit and you can use them for just about any other holiday or occasion you'd like!
Happy Foldin' - I'd love to see what you create!!


2 comments:

  1. :)....you just make me smile Min! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Min - I watched the video, and this might sound like a silly question, but, do you put the treats in the box before putting on the topper with ribbon? Is that the way it is supposed to be, the recipient opens the ribbon to get the topper removed and then get inside for the treats? I'm confused! (email below)
    a funny lady nj at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete