Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Technique Tuesday - Custom Ribbon!

I don't know about you, but I LOVE RIBBON (and buttons and bling and and and.....LOL)

I'm always looking for something uniquely different that I can do with ribbon I have in my stash and today I'm going to show you how to PERFECTLY MATCH your ribbon with your projects.

How to do that you may ask?

Well, grab your favorite ribbon and an Alcohol Marker of your choice (use copics), a piece of thick scrap paper (I used kraft, but anything with some substance to it will work) to keep your table clean and let's get started.
 Determine how much ribbon you'll need and start coloring - I used the broad end of the marker to color. Be sure to color on the scrap paper because the ink WILL LEAK THROUGH!

Color the amount of ribbon you need - as it dries, it will become uniform in color.

Once it's dry, use it on your project and get creatin'!

Just a quick note - your ribbon will likely become a little stiffer after you color it - just be patient & work with it--you won't be sorry!

So far I've tried it on this heavier ribbon, as well as the whispy see through ribbon (can't for the life of me think what it's called). So, now I have a variety of white ribbon in my stash that I can color up at a moments notice and is perfect for ANY project I do! =)

Here's a little snippet of the orange custom ribbon I did for this week's Challenge project -
Check back on Thursday to see the whole project!
Hugs & Happy Days!

2 comments:

  1. I love this idea Min. I need to stock up on some white ribbon! It will sure save those frustrations of not having the color I need. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a fabulous idea :) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete